MUSTIQUE is in great shape; she has been meticulously cared for and much updated by this owner. She offers comfortable, easy sailing and is looking absolutely splendid. Fully equipped to blue water or charter should you wish. This yacht is ready to sail. In 2018/19 she underwent a substantial refit at Yacht Works in Turkey. Work included a new teak deck, new engine and generator, as well as a total overhaul of the engine room and lots more. MUSTIQUE is now ready for whatever project you have in mind for her. A list of the works carried out are detailed below. A fantastic blue water yacht, she is manageable for family use, has good accommodation if you wish to run her with crew. She is also MCA coded to Category 2 and has been successful on the charter circuit.
2021 has seen another service period for MUSTIQUE:
As a successful charter yacht in the Mediterranean it was important that she was able to continue to charter successfully. For this reason, she has moved her registration from UK to Poland. This gives the yacht full European status and allows her to operate freely throughout the EU. She has an unlimited navigation classification so there are no limits to the distances she can sail on charter.
- She has also had a number of significant upgrades:
- New SOLAS A 8 Man liferaft from Ocean Safety.
- All safety kit renewed.
- New North Sails Contender mainsail with 5 short battens.
- All deck hatches refitted with new lenses, acrylics and seals.
- Cap rail refurbished renewing fixing points and sealing the junction to stanchion bases.
- Service and renewal of stern gear – new propeller shaft, new Sure Seal water seal system for shaft through hull, new Sigma Drive shaft to engine coupling and refurbishment of Max Prop propeller.
- New dedicated failover battery installation of radio equipment in accordance with GMDSS requirements.
- New windlass motor including the refurbishment of the gearbox and new bearing for the deck unit and gypsy.
Refit 2018/19 at Yacht Work:
- All old underwater coatings removed to gel coat with 5 coats of new epoxy barrier coat applied and new antifouling.
- Repaint of transom in Awlgrip with signwriting.
- New wrap for topsides – beneath the dark blue gelcoat remains in perfect condition.
- All new swept laid teak decks including the ring deck and superstructure areas laid at 14mm and sanded to 12mm.
- Port toe rail remade in one-section and foredeck cleats repositioned for better angling when lying from a buoy.
- Dorade boxes and sprayhood retaining moulding repainted.
- Rig pulled, fully checked, polished and re-stepped.
- Spinnaker pole in carbon fibre repainted as was the main boom in Awlgrip.
- Dynema spinnaker halyard.
- Anchor windlass totally refurbished and anchor locker cleaned and repainted.
- Aft lazarette has new floors and has been repainted.
- Hydraulic rams for aft lazarette replaced and the gas struts for the deck-opening locker.
- Davits removed, rewired, with new gears and replaced.
- Steering – bevil boxes serviced, universal joints replaced and reduction gearbox removed and serviced together with the drag link.
- All facias for electronics on deck at both pedestals and at companionway replaced.
- New cockpit cushions including sunbed pad and gin and tonic seats.
- New dark blue sprayhood and fixed bimini over cockpit and steering position.
- Refrigeration unit fitted to the cockpit table.
- New Yanmar main engine with python drive and new fly by wire controls to helm.
- New Onan generator in acoustic hood.
- The engine room was totally emptied with new rock wool sound deadening/insulation fitted, new engine and generator. All services then refitted.
- Air conditioning fully refitted.
- New bow thruster controls to helm.
- New engine and generator start batteries.
- All seacocks replaced in bronze.
- Propeller sent to Darglow for service and refitted.
- Refurbishment of the interior including the restoration of the saloon cream leather, new carpets throughout, new curtains, new inner linings in all cabins, and the replacement of all soft goods.
- Interior teak woodwork touched in as needed.
- New mirrors.
- New dimmable sidelights.
- New Indesit washer dryer.
- Clean of fuel water and black and grey water tanks.
Spring 2016 Refit:
- All running rigging onboard renewed.
- An additional Mastervolt charger was installed to service just the navigation batteries – leaving the existing two chargers to service the house bank.
- All onboard lighting changed to LED.
- New Jabsco ‘dual’ fresh water pressure pump fitted.
- Factory rebuild of the Spectra 700 watermaker.
- Bow thruster engine removed, serviced and replaced with new joystick controls installed at binnacle.
- Windlass serviced with a replacement motor set up for redundancy.
- New Raymarine 260 VHF dual station installed.
- New Samsung ‘home cinema controller’ installed in saloon.
- New calorifier.
- New fresh water pump.
During the time in my ownership, I have found MUSTIQUE to be a fast, comfortable and very safe yacht. I have cruised her shorthanded throughout the entire Mediterranean and I have sailed her to the Caribbean and back, and she has never let me down. She provides ample space both above and below decks for guests and wows everyone who steps aboard her. In fact, she never fails to turn heads when we enter a new marina.
MUSTIQUE has her own website to support her charter activity. Please visit www.yachtmustique.com.