Announcing a dream machine from Dashew Offshore – #FPB78
June 7th, 2013
You heard it here first – preparations are in hand to start to cut plate for hull #1 of the all new FPB 78 – another legend from Dashew Offshore, to be built at Circa in New Zealand…
Unmistakably FPB 78 comes with the rugged good looks of her sisters and all the blue water capability for which this brand is world renown.
The very big news is that our good friends Linda and Steve Dashew will be the owners of hull #1, which will replace their 83’ WINDHORSE, who spent two winters at Berthon and who was much admired by all.
A few things which we feel are particularly cool about the new FPB 78 are as follows –
1. Built to MCA Category 0 as standard.
2. A range of 8,100 nautical miles at 10 knots.
3. She can dry out on tidal flats.
4. Recovery from capsize.
5. Astonishing matrix deck for comfortable passagemaking.
6. Good crew accommodations yet ease of handling and maintenance so a crew is nice to have but is not a necessity.
Here are some images that we thought you might like to see –
The interior – here you can see a vast great room…
Fab accommodation for the yacht’s owners and their guests…